|This page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The contents of this page may be informal and incorrect. Please help by adding reliable info and correcting wrong data! We apologize for any inconvenience.
This page is about the 2020 concept model, it is not to be confused with the 2008 Tesla Roadster.
The Tesla Roadster is an all-electric battery-powered four-seater sports car prototype from Tesla, Inc. Tesla said it was going to be capable of 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in 1.9 seconds, quicker than any street-legal production car to date at its announcement in November 2017.
Tesla announced that they will begin selling the car in 2020, though not before the Tesla Model Y goes on sale. Elon Musk said that the Roadster would have a new acceleration mode that is quicker than the acceleration available with the Tesla Model S and X.
The 2020-era Roadster was designed by Franz Von Holzhausen. Tesla Motors' first production car was the 2008 Roadster.
The second generation Tesla Roadster is a 2+2 roadster with a removable glass roof. It was designed by Franz von Holzhausen, formerly of Mazda. The Roadster has a 2+2 seating arrangement, with smaller rear seats for two passengers.
The Roadster has three electric motors, one in front and two at the rear, allowing for all-wheel drive, and torque vectoring during cornering. Tesla said that the vehicle had a 200 kWh (720 MJ) battery, twice the capacity of the Tesla Model S P100D, and giving a 621 miles (1,000 km) range on one charge at highway speeds. Tesla stated that the torque on wheels was 10,000 N⋅m (7,400 lb⋅ft). The rear wheels are larger than the front wheels.
-The Tesla Roadster 2.0 is the fastest car in the game as of 04/26/18.
-Hitting any bystander in there car whilst travelling over 400mph in this car may cause them to fly across the map
345mph/442kph without nitro, an incredible speed.
The acceleration is too fast so you may encounter glitches when turning.
It's even faster with upgrades.
350mph/363kph without nitro, 360mph/375kph with nitro, however it has been possible to get it over 420mph/675kph. (The actual Tesla Roadster 2.0 has a feature where its screen will turn to plaid when in racing mode. This is an obvious reference to the movie Spaceballs. Elon Musk, when revealing the new Roadster, said "There is only one thing faster than ludicrous, and that's plaid")
0-100 in 1.6 seconds without nitro, 1.4 seconds with nitro. (Maxed quater mile record (I have seen): 4.9 seconds)
Information To Be Added
Information To Be Added (As of right now, we don't have this information! So just to give you a brief rundown of the braking... its basically the acceleration in reverse!)
- At November 17, 2017, unveiling, Tesla announced that the Roadster's accelerations will be:
- 0–97 km/h (0–60 mph) in 1.9 seconds
- 0–161 km/h (0–100 mph) in 4.2 seconds
- The Tesla Roadster 2.0 is currently the fastest car in the game, beating the Egoista and the Zonda.
- This car is KING of all drag races, meaning it can beat ANY car. (except for better tuned Roadster 2.0's) It can reach 5.5 secs if tuned correctly and around 5.3 if you're a skilled drag racer with upgrades.
- In real life, it's only around $200,000 - $250,000
- The Roadster is heavily influenced by the movie 'Spaceballs', specifically its hyperjump scene!
- Like all other Tesla cars in-game (except the 2013 Model S), this car has an AWD (All Wheel Drive) drivetrain.