The Chevrolet Camaro is an American automobile manufactured by Chevrolet, classified as a pony car and some versions also as a muscle car. It went on sale on September 29, 1966, for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared its platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967. Four distinct generations of the Camaro were developed before production ended in 2002. The nameplate was revived on a concept car that evolved into the fifth-generation Camaro; production started on March 16, 2009.
Overall this car has very good specs, compared to the price. These are not the best ones in the game, therefore most players skip this car. Just go buy the Nissan GTR.
The Camaro has a decent top speed, it is 70 SPS faster than the Chevy Impala, which is to be expected as it cost $25,000 more.
The Chevy Camaro has a decent/okay acceleration. This value can be increased by modifying the car in the Auto Tuner, however, the acceleration will still be considered decent.
The braking on this car is AMAZING (0.9-1). This is often a surprise to players for having such a high amount of braking power for a low price.
The Chevy Camaro has quite awful handling, for it is only 0.15.
Don't bother upgrading it, its not going to do anything. You might still lose every drag race with higher tier cars.
It can be upgraded nicely but still not the best.
Slow even when upgraded. You will not win any races with this so don't buy it (even if you want to waste your money its not worth it).
Braking can go well, in fact, it is again not the best.
The handling is worse that the Chevy Impala.
- In the movie Transformers, the character Bumblebee is first shown as a 1976 Camaro and later on a fifth generation concept
- A modified fifth-generation Camaro is used in the sequels
- This version of the Camaro ZL1 is 3 - 6 years old. There is a new 2017 Camaro ZL1. Many camaro fans are upset because of this.
- In 2010, the Camaro was named, "Best looking car".
- In 2016, The Camaro was named Car of the year by MotorTrend.
- In 2018, The Camaro ZL1 1LE ran 7:16.04 on the nurburging.